Q: 

Can you still get pregnant after Postinor 2?

Hi I had intercouse with my bf 5 days after my period we use protection an after I took postinor 2 pills beacause I think precum got on my virginia I took one pill a few minutes after an the other 12 hours after that but I am spotting brown an I am getting lower back an belly pains is this normal? I don't want to get pregnant

Anonymous

Hi, if my girlfriend takes postinor 2 and then we have an unprotected sex like two days later after taking it, will she need to take another postinor or will the former one still be effective?

Anonymous

I took the p2 after 24 hours of unprotected sex.I'm supposed to have my mensis in 14days time but I started bleeding 5 days after taking the pills. I bleed for only 3days, please What does it mean .

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours and up to 90% effective if taken within 72 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting. It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, dizziness, breast pain, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell. Some women can bleed a little or quite extensively after taking emergency contraception.
The more frequently they are taken, the more likely a woman is to have side effects and an irregular cycle. They should be taken only for emergencies, not used as a method of birth control.
Symptoms usually start 2-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed or longer/shorter as a result of taking emergency contraception. We cannot predict this for our readers in terms of length of delays. Each woman is different. Periods should get back to normal by the second cycle after.

Anonymous

I had sex with my partner a day after her period. She took P2 like 3 to 4 hours later and had the 2nd pill 12hrs later. 10 days later she had brownish discharge and she is having breast pain. We are scared because those are early pregnancy symptoms. Could that be side effects of the drug or pregnancy symptoms? Can we go for pregnancy test already? It is just 10 days.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello.

These are likely side effects from Postinor 2. But a pregnancy test can be taken 14-21 days after sex to ease your mind. It's important to read the information that comes the pills so you know what to expect.

Helena

Anonymous

Hi, so my hubby and I had a drunken night. I took postinor2 about 24hrs later. ...The second dose I totally forgot about and took about 18hrs later. I'm a little curious if I messed up. Am I still safe? Based on the timing will my postinor2 still be effective?

Anonymous

Hello there!
My girlfriend took postinor 6 hours after we had unprotected sex, she’s been expecting her menstruation period 4 days ago, can the medicine delay her period?

Anonymous

If I’ve experience vaginal bleeding for 5 days after taken Postinor 2 , do I still need to be worried if my period is delayed for more than 5 days?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello,

It's not likely you would be pregnant if you bled for 5 days. Even so, if your next period is delayed by more than 7 days, the way to ease your mind is to test for pregnancy.

Helena

Anonymous

hello
i had sex with another man and swallowed first pill after 40 hours and 6hrs later i swallowed the second. i had sex with my husband the following day. now am pregnant. Wat chances do i have that the pill failed to work. is my marriage ruined?

Tags: