Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Flesh dangling outside of my vagina?

By Anonymous November 3, 2016 - 7:24am
Rate This

I've never had sex. I've never even had anything up my vagina (not even a tampon). It's not causing any problems, but I'm just worried (what if I can't have sex because of it?) I've checked diagrams on the internet, but it doesn't say anything about a flabby flesh below your vagina. Please help!

Add a Comment4 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Welcome to EmpowHER. I am glad you reached out to our community for help.

You need to be examined by a gynecologist. This may be perfectly normal, but impossible to diagnosis over the internet.

How old are you? When did you first notice this?

I can provide you with general information.

The vagina is an elastic, muscular canal with a soft, flexible lining that provides lubrication and sensation. The vagina connects the uterus to the outside world. The vulva and labia form the entrance, and the cervix of the uterus protrudes into the vagina, forming the interior end.

The hymen is a thin membrane of tissue that surrounds and narrows the vaginal opening. It may be torn or ruptured by sexual activity or by exercise.Maybe, you are seeing your hymen.

The clitoris a small sensitive and erectile part of the female genitals at the anterior end of the vulva.Maybe, that is what you are seeing.

Please keep us updated, once you have seen a gynecologist.


November 3, 2016 - 8:05am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I'm 15. I don't know how long it's been there, but it wasn't like "oh there's something that shouldn't be there". I thought it was quite normal until I started paying attention to my private parts. It's definitely not my clitoris, it's below the two set of lips, almost like a small tongue. I've made up my mind and will go see a gynaecologist. Thank you so much for relieving my mind.

November 4, 2016 - 7:19am
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Anonymous)

once you went and got checked by the gynecologist what did she tell you? last night I noticed I have the same thing don't even know how to explain it. it's just very odd and concerning.
do I have what to worry about?

October 26, 2018 - 4:44am
Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello, Anon.

Try not to worry. This might be a hymenal tag remnant that is protruding as mentioned above. This can easily be removed by your GYN with local numbing medication. But first, you need to be examined - to be sure of what it is.


October 26, 2018 - 5:41pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.