I was diagnosed with DCIS in early May of 2010. I had a lumpectomy done on May 24th of this year. The pathology report showed it as Stage 0 Nuclear Grade II. The tumor was ER and PR Positive. The surgeon felt good about getting it all and the margins were clear to greater then 5mm. My question is whether or not I really need to expose my body to the effects of radiation and or hormone therapy if my cancer was so small and caught so early. Are the benefits of therapy truly going to out weigh risks in my particular case. I feel as though the recommended treatment may be an across the board type of treatment for all DCIS. Has anyone experienced this and is there anyone out there who can relate to what I am questioning. I need to make my decision concerning radiation rather quickly.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.