Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

how long after a miscarriage

By Anonymous February 20, 2012 - 4:19pm
Rate This

i just had a miscarriage on feb.15,2012 am not bleeding just spotting but am still cramping like crazy is this normal?

Add a Comment3 Comments


Yes, I think you should talk with your doctor. Your doctor is your best resource and can give you reassurance and advice.


February 20, 2012 - 6:48pm

I am so sorry to hear about your recent loss.
According to the American Pregnancy Association, miscarriage is often a process and not a single event. There are many different stages or types of miscarriage.

One type of miscarriage is called an inevitable or incomplete miscarriage. Abdominal or back pain is accompanied by bleeding with an open cervix. Bleeding and cramps may persist if the miscarriage is not complete.

I urge you to call your doctor and report your symptoms of persistent cramps and spotting. If your body has not expelled all the products of pregnancy, a procedure called a dilation and curettage, known as a D&C, is commonly performed.


February 20, 2012 - 5:35pm
EmpowHER Guest
Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

i already had a sono and they say that everything looked good and there is no need for a d & c should i still be talk to my doctor?

February 20, 2012 - 6:29pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Get Email Updates

Miscarriage Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!