I have an intense itch mostly in my eye walls , what could that be, is not allergy?

Hi, many years my eye itch intensely I take allergy pills tears replace eye drops so on, but this intense mostly in Wolof the nose upper little bump corner eye ? What it could be?

Hello. Thank you for writing.

Many things can cause itchy eyes. Most of the time, itchy eyes are caused by some type of allergy. An irritating substance (called an allergen) such as pollen, dust and animal dander causes the release of compounds called histamines in the tissues around the eyes, which results in itching, redness, and swelling. Because the causes for itchy eyes are so varied if your symptoms are lasting, getting worse, make an appointment with your eye doctor.

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide