I have recently been diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma with mets to approx. 3 lymph nodes. This was not seen on mammogram or ultrasound. It is a large 5 cm. tumor. How does something this large go undetected except by MRI?

By August 19, 2017 - 10:03am

I've had years of negative mammograms which I'm suspecting were false. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi, Gussy,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope others in the community can share their experiences. It does make one wonder how this could have been missed by both mammography and ultrasound for so long. What did your doctor say about the likelihood of it being missed all this time??