Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I have a urethal prolapse. I want to use a narutal estrogen product to see if it will work before I contimplate surgery. What may I use.

By Anonymous August 27, 2015 - 12:04pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hi Anon,

Thank you sharing your question with the EmpowHER community.

For women with mild forms of urethral prolapse, the recommended therapy consists of oral conjugated estrogen or topical estrogen cream applied to the prolapsed urethra 2-3 times daily for 2 weeks, in combination with sitz baths and prescribed antibiotics if infection is present.

If your diagnosis is considered a strangulated urethral prolapse, surgery is recommended.

I hope this helps.

Be well,

August 27, 2015 - 1:56pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Urethral Syndrome

Get Email Updates

Urethral Syndrome Guide


Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!