Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Im 16 and i have had protected sex with my boyfriend and i think i have a STD

By Anonymous May 22, 2009 - 6:03am
Rate This

Im 16 and had protected sex wit my boyfriend a few times but now im after getting this yellow discharge and i stopped having sex now im afraid if i have an STD.I looked it up on a website called symtom checker and it said it was either PID or clamydia.It said if you get some antibiotics it wud help it.I would just like to know what should i do.

Add a Comment2 Comments

Hi there,

I agree with Diane that you should go to a clinic and see a doctor. It will make you feel better emotionally to know that you're taking care of yourself, and also, if you do happen to have an STD, it would be good to start treating it soon. Planned Parenthood has a lot of clinics all over the country and they treat thousands of teenagers each year. They have low cost services too if money is an issue.

Please let us know if we can help you find a clinic or doctor.

May 22, 2009 - 4:01pm

Hi, Anon, and welcome to EmpowHer. I'm so glad that you found us and asked your question.

When you say "protected sex," do you mean condoms, instead of birth control pills? Just making sure.

Do you know if your boyfriend has an STD?

Do you feel that you know how to use condoms correctly? If so, they do reduce (not eliminate, but reduce) the transmission of an STD.

If you would like, here is a good site that has a lot of FAQs (frequently asked questions) about condom use:


OK, let's talk about the yellowish discharge. Is that the only symptom you have?

The Mayo Clinic has a good page on STDs and all their symptoms:


Do you have a doctor that you can see? I imagine that you can't tell your parents about this, right? You do need to see a doctor and you yes, may need to get a prescription for antibiotics. (That's the only way to get antibiotics, is with a prescription).

Do you have transportation so that you or you and a friend can go to the doctor by yourselves? There are walk-in clinics in most cities where you can go, wait and be seen by a doctor without having an appointment. Sometimes they are called wellness clinics, or minor emergency clinics. Have you seen any around where you live?

You do not want to let this go, OK? If you do, it can just get worse. If you like, please tell us what city or suburb you live in and we'll send you the addresses of some clinics near you.

May 22, 2009 - 7:50am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Get Email Updates

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!