Is it normal for a mole to appear out of nowhere at 14 years old?

By May 31, 2017 - 11:23pm

I've never had a mole (or whatever it is) before and I am scared. It is small, it seems to be uniform color, and i can move it up and down. Like it's usually in an upright position however, I can move it down with my finger. Is this normal? I'm worried that it's something bad? Or that someone will see and be mean to me about it.

Hello khopkins21,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

Yes, moles can suddenly develop. Keep an eye on it. Point it out during your next pediatric appointment.