Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

looking for dr in San Francisco

By Anonymous May 22, 2013 - 12:29pm
Rate This

I'm looking for someone who will prescribe HRT. I have seen several doctors and have heard my hormones are fine (without testing them all), this is "normal" for my age (then 45 now 46) and I should think about soy and flax, or referrals to bio-identical advocates that want to do an entire health screening for thousands of dollars not covered by insurance. I have nothing against natural treatments or bio identical but also do not fear pharmaceuticals when used properly. I have several hot flashes an hour and am getting to a point where I feel like I can't function.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

I can appreciate how uncomfortable you must be with frequent hot flashes, and your frustration at not getting relief.

I cannot recommend a physician who would prescribe HRT for you and who practices in San Francisco. I suggest you contact your insurance company for referrals of gynecologists who take your insurance and are in the area.
Further investigation of these recommendations may lead you to a doctor who will prescribe HRT. Asking your primary care physician for a referral is another option. Talking with family members and friends is another option,



May 22, 2013 - 4:41pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.


Hot Flashes

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Hot Flashes Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!