Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

My husband suffers from high blood pressure. He has been without his medicine for a little over a month now, and because of our income we can not afford it. Im getting very concerned is there anything we could do, or anyone we could talk with to get help

By Anonymous July 3, 2017 - 12:58am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to us for help.

Begin by contacting the office of your husband's primary care physician. The physician must know that your husband has not taken his medication for a almost one month. If his blood pressure is high, he is at risk for having a stroke or heart attack.

Your husband's physician may be able to give you samples of the prescribed anti hypertensive medications. Ask.

Check with the social services in your community. Some one may be help you get help if you are eligible for Medicaid.


July 3, 2017 - 7:25am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

High Blood Pressure

Get Email Updates

High Blood Pressure Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!