Open book pelvic fracture, and resuming sex...

I had a freak accident 3 months ago that resulted in an open book fracture (among other things)... I have hardware at the pubic ramis (?), and toward the back of the pelvic area two 3" screws holding me together there. I am not able to walk just yet, and am healing ok, I guess... doing all the right things to help healing along. My question is : Is there a point at which it is safe to resume love making without further damaging the area? I asked my ortho guy, who said it's a trial kind of a thing... haven't asked my general practitioner yet... It seems to be a question everyone wants to avoid... Any insight from you or anyone else out there with similar situation? thank you - K. R.

Hi All, i also experienced an open book fracture and my friends told me that having sex will slow down recovery.is this true?

Pelvic Fracture