Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

Should I get myself checked by a doctor?

By Anonymous December 17, 2014 - 7:52pm
Rate This

I had my baby three months ago and I have had only one period and I am hurting on my left side of my lower stomach and it feels like a knot and it moves.

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for asking us for advice.

Yes, you should contact your obstetrician's office. Explain that you are having pain in the area of your left abdomen and can feel a knot like mass. Schedule an appointment as soon as you can.

Since the birth of your baby three months ago, which month did you actually have a period? After delivery, a woman experiences lochia, which is a vaginal discharge that can last up to six weeks.

Whether and how much you're breastfeeding are the main factors that affect how soon you'll start menstruating again. This is something you can discuss with your obstetrician during the appointment.

Please keep us updated.


December 18, 2014 - 8:46am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.