Facebook Pixel

Is this a sign that I am pregnant?

By January 14, 2016 - 10:37am
Rate This

Okay in November I had a normal period, 2 weeks later I travelled to New York for a holiday and had a period for 5 days for the most of my holiday. It was about the same as my normal periods but just without the severe cramps and back pain. They're usually 5 weeks apart but it's confused me as to when my next period is.

Me and my partner have regular sex and don't use protection or birth control. I have been feeling nauseated and I suddenly have motion sickness and have never experienced this, my breasts are tender and I have light heartburn during evenings. I pee every 2-3 hours and I don't drink A LOT but usually I don't pee that much so it's weird to me and I don't know how normal it is to pee so often. I also have noticed a small knot type lump just above my pelvic bone which I never noticed before (it's under the skin) but with light pressing, it's noticeable and very hard around that area. I have light cramps and my mood is so off, I cry at silly things like when someone pretended to throw a spider at me and other times I'm grumpy. Please help!!

Add a Comment2 Comments

My last period was on the 14th and lasted 5 days (if that second bleed was actually another period) So if that's correct then I should be due for my next period on Sunday but I don't get why I had two periods..

Yes I'm planning on seeing my doctor this week :)

January 14, 2016 - 2:13pm

Hello SharrieF10,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for reaching out to us for help.

Was your last period, which lasted five days and happened on holiday, in December? Which days?

When would your next period, period for January be? Just estimate.

If it has been at least six weeks since your last period, take a home pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning;use the first urine of the day; test with a name brand product; check the expiration date; read and follow the directions carefully.

Next, I suggest you schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. You need to have that lump looked at. Depending on the home pregnancy test result, the gynecologist will help you.


January 14, 2016 - 10:46am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.