Unsuccessful IUD insertion

By Anonymous February 13, 2017 - 10:38am

I heard much good about IUD's relieving severely painful periods. The pill made me very sick, and I've done the depo shot but don't want to stay on it long-term. I tried to have the IUD inserted but probably being tense and the speculum going in was very painful, it simply wasn't possible.
I think if I try again I could succeed. Since the speculum enters the same way as a tampon, will using tampons make it easier for the doctor to reach the cervix?

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience. Relaxing during the insertion may have the best result.