Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

What to do when you have something hanging out of your vagina?

By Anonymous September 5, 2012 - 3:15pm
Rate This

me and my boyfriend noticed a couple of months ago that there was a hole that you could put your finger through. and now i think it broke and is now hanging out of my vagina. i dont know what to do! please help!!

Add a Comment1 Comments


Hello Anonymous,

Does it look like a piece of body tissue? Does it hurt when you pull on it?

It may be your hymen. The hymen is a piece of tissue that lines the vaginal opening It has an opening that can be of any size, but generally is the size of your finger.

Sometimes, the hymen breaks with the first intercourse. It can normal for it to be uncomfortable to pass a tampon. If a woman is relaxed during intercourse and has good lubrication and she and her partner has tried to stretch the hymen with fingers, the hymen will not break.

I suggest you schedule an appointment with your gynecologist. With a physical exam, you can find out what this is.


September 5, 2012 - 4:16pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.