Facebook Pixel

what natural thing can i do to produce the hormone to allow my eggs to drop?

By October 27, 2011 - 1:27pm
Rate This

Hi my name is Angela I just heard about this site from watching this program called The DR.s ..now i have been told by my doctor the reason why i have not been getting pregnant is because i did not produce the hormone that lets my eggs drop ...now i also must say that my cycle is VERY irregular i would have my cycle from 4 to 6 months off and maybe 3 months on and i have been tested for endomitriosis and it has come back negative...and i do not have any cysts i have been tested for that as well....im really at a loss....my mom told me to take a vitamin called black cohach (i think thats the spelling) and i will get pregnant...do you have any suggetions for meas to what i should do next?

Add a Comment1 Comments


Based on what your doctor told you, you may have a condition called luteinizing hormone deficiency.

Luteinizing hormone (LH) deficiency is an uncommon condition that almost always occurs in conjunction with follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) deficiency because LH and FSH are secreted by the same pituitary gonadotrope cells.

Ovulation occurs when a mature egg is released from the ovary, pushed down the fallopian tube, and is available to be fertilized.

When your menstrual cycle begins, your estrogen levels are low. Your hypothalamus (which is in charge of maintaining your hormone levels) sends out a message to your pituitary gland which then sends out the follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). This FSH triggers a few of your follicles to develop into mature eggs. One of these will develop into the dominant follicle, which will release a mature egg and the others will disintegrate. As the follicles mature they send out another hormone, estrogen. The high levels of estrogen will tell the hypothalamus and pituitary gland that there is a mature egg.

A luteinizing hormone (LH) is then released, referred to as your LH surge. The LH surge causes the egg to burst through the ovary wall within 24-36 hours and begin its journey down the fallopian tube for fertilization.

Treatment (if you want to get pregnant) involves ovulation induction with injectable gonadotropins.

You may need to be evaluated and treated by an infertility specialist. Ask your doctor for a recommendation or referral.


October 27, 2011 - 4:23pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.