Tai Chi is an internal martial art that has its origins in China. It has been practiced for centuries. Because it is commonly thought of as being used for self-defense, many individuals fail to realize the full scope of the health benefits that practicing Tai Chi can provide. One reason that it is such a positive for health is that anyone at age any change can do it because Tai Chi is low impact in nature. This means that Tai Chi is easy on joints and bones. The following are five ways that tai chi can be a catalyst for great health for those that practice it.
1. Spine – Tai Chi has been proven through studies to provide pain relief to those who practice it. This makes sense as the martial art is built around posture and balance. Tai Chi is an especially great source of relief for those that are suffering from arthritis and arthritis pain. Those who are above the age of 50 and experiencing from back pain from arthritis may benefit the most from Tai Chi.
2. Stress – A person’s mental health is one of the most important aspects of the overall health of the individual. It is so important that it can even affect physical health. Tai Chi is a great way to relieve stress and help control stress levels. Practicing Tai Chi on a regular basis is proven to reduce stress.
3. Weight Loss – Tai Chi is a great option for those looking to lose weight. Tai Chi is a proven method of weight loss for those who practice it on a regular basis. It tones muscles all over the body and makes them leaner. The health benefits of weight loss are innumerable. Tai Chi also improves strength and flexibility through this weight loss.
4. Recovery – There are many therapy and recovery clinics that use Tai Chi as a method of rehabilitation. Tai Chi is used by clinics around the country to treat heart disease, hypertension, Parkinson’s disease, and to help people recover from a stroke. The low impact nature of the exercise makes it a great tool in recovery. You can also go to sites like www.taichifitnessaustin.com to learn tai chi. They have tai chi teachers in Austin and all over America that can assist in recovery and learning the art of tai chi.
5. Improves Sleep – Studies have shown that people that are suffering from sleep deprivation usually showed improvement in their sleep patterns after about 4 months of regularly practicing Tai Chi.
These are just a few of the health benefits that are associated with using Tai Chi on a regular basis. There are many more great benefits to Tai Chi that go beyond this list. This low impact workout can help any person clear their mind while improving strength and balance.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.