Castor oil packs can be used to treat everything from uterine fibroids to PMS. I have been using them recently, but have stopped. I did not stop because I didn't think this was working, rather, because I just can't bear to do it anymore. Here are the steps I had to take:
1) soak wool cloth in castor oil
2) put wool cloth on stomach (if it was a pre-soaked wool cloth, I would pull it from the fridge and put it on -- yikes!)
3) wrap stomach in saran wrap (no, I am not kidding here -- it is to keep the castor oil pack in one place and to ensure the oil did not get on my clothes)
5) take off pad, wrap and castor oil pack
6) make water & baking soda mix, dip towel in mix, wipe off extra castor oil from stomach with wipe (this kinda works, in my opinion)
So, after reading this, you probably have a better idea as to why I may not do this anymore. I cannot speak to whether or not this worked for me. My PMS symptoms were dramatically less after doing this, but I was also doing other detox tasks during the time I was doing this.
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.