What do eating purple foods, teenage weight and how old your mother was she gave birth to you have in common? They're indicators of your own longevity. Besides black and green tea, exercise and a healthy diet, some long life factors may surprise you:
- You're twice as likely to live to 100 than someone born to a mom over 25.
- Strong thigh muscles help prevent hip fractures.
- Certain purple foods contain polyphenols that helpt prevent heart disease, and possibly Alzheimer's.
- A diet low in meat may help you avoid colorectal cancer.
- The higher your education, the less likely you are to smoke.
- You do your own housework.
Who would have thought that doing your own housework would contribute to a long life!
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.