Have you thought about what you could be doing now that will help you in 5 years?Maybe you should.
I just read this great thread online featuring the top answers (from 285 total!) to this very question.
What would your answer(s) be? Comment below.
I "borrowed" a few to come up with my list below.
- Learn how to deal with interpersonal conflicts. Read books on the subject matter, ask for advice.
- Find music that inspires you and listen to it every day.
- Save up money to travel with friends.
- Learn the difference between Urgent and Important.
- Take an interest in people. Success comes from knowing how people work, not how things work.
- Pick up an athletic hobby that you can do through the years.
- Learn how to sell, go out there and sell something, anything
- Read (in general). Make time for it!
- Try new things. Step out of your comfort zone at regular intervals.
- Know when to say no, when to give up and when to hang on. Try try till you succeed but know when to stop trying.
- Do not hold grudges. Forgive.
- Make it a habit to listen more than you talk.
- Find happiness in the process of accomplishing your dreams.
Read the original thread.