Do you talk to your friends and family about what to do in the event of a natural disaster, terrorist attack or other emergency?
There are simple yet important ways to ease fears of the unknown if you happen to be caught up in a major community or national emergency.
1. Have a designated meeting place
2. Know imporant numbers by heart as well as having them programmed into cell phones.
3. Keep a good stock of canned and bottled foods and fluids.
5. Keep a first aid kit in your home and car.
6. Flashlights, candles and health care and hygeine products should be easily accessible.
7. Have a designated contact person outside the immediate family who can be called in the event of an emergency.
8. Keep instructions and wishes written down and copies should be given to designated persons, especially as to the care of children or pets.
The Center for Disease Control has a great page that gives a lot more information about what we can do in the event of a local or national emergency.
Feel free to add your own here too!
All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.