Once you finish school, enter the workforce, get married, and have kids, the word “busy” starts to take on a whole new meaning. With so many different areas of your life vying for your attention, how do you strike the proper balance? Here are some tips from the Internet’s best bloggers:
· Find a passion. It may seem crazy to add yet another activity to your list, but the ladies at HealthyWomen.org encourage women to discover new hobbies as a tool for stress relief and a way to take some much-needed “me” time.
· Forgive yourself. When you’re trying to improve any area of your life, it’s easy to be too hard on yourself. Melinda, the blogger at MelindasFitnessBlog.com, encourages you to remember that any change must be taken one day at a time.
· Set boundaries. RevolutionHealth.com talks a lot about how to separate professional and personal relationships. Things like avoiding gossip and employing tact can preserve your professional integrity and relationships.
· Put Yourself First. Whether it’s work or family or both, someone will always be vying for your time. At FitBottomedGirls.com, they urge their readers to put themselves on equal footing with everyone else.
· Stop Idealizing. Not only is the blogger at Skwigg.com informative, but she’s hilarious as well. And her ideas about romanticizing food and the image of a perfect life are not to be missed.
· Leave Your Comfort Zone. With so many things to do, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. WorkOutMommy.com has some terrific articles about how to push your personal limits and get out of your comfort zone. And whether you do this with food, with exercise, or with work, you could encounter surprising revelations.
Sometimes, balancing all the areas of your life can seem like a full-time job in and of itself. But remember that you’re not alone and that there are some blogs out there with fantastic tips that could change your life.