Since kidney infection is often a complication of a bladder infection, you can prevent bladder infections by:
- Drink plenty of fluids (about 8 to 10, 8-ounce glasses per day)—Drinking cranberry juice may help prevent bladder infection.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Urinate when you need to. Don't wait.
- Take showers rather than baths.
- Wipe from the front to the back after using the toilet.
- Urinate before and after having sex. Drinking water will also help flush bacteria.
- Avoid genital deodorant sprays and douches.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2020 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.