To reduce your chance of getting Little League elbow, take the following steps:
- Warm up before pitching with light aerobic exercise (eg, jogging).
- Stretch your muscles slowly and gently before pitching.
- Follow the pitching rules of your baseball league. Do not play in two leagues at the same time.
Limit your pitching to a maximum of 4-10 innings per week.
- In general, aim for no more than 80-100 pitches per game, or 30-40 pitches per practice.
- Learn and practice good pitching techniques.
- Do not throw curve balls and sliders until high school. This is when the growth plate in your elbow is fused with the bone.