Here are some steps you can take to keep bacteria out of your urinary tract:
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Drinking cranberry juice may help prevent and relieve UTIs.
- Urinate when you feel the need and do not resist the urge.
- Empty your bladder completely and drink a full glass of water after having sex.
- Wash genitals daily.
- If you are a woman, always wipe from the front to the back after having a bowel movement.
- Avoid using douches and feminine hygiene sprays.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright © 2020 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.