Facebook Pixel

Michael Jackson Died of Propofol Overdose: Report

Rate This
Insomnia related image Michael Jackson, propofol, insomnia, drugs, overdose

Singer Michael Jackson reportedly died from an overdose of propofol, a powerful sedative he was given to help him sleep, the Los Angeles coroner has concluded in a preliminary report.

Apparently, propofol, a powerful anesthetic and two other sedatives led to Jackson's death, MSNBC reports. Jackson died June 25.

The Associated Press is quoting a single law enforcement official, who says the L.A. County Coroner has ruled Michael Jackson's death a homicide increasing the likelihood that criminal charges will be filed against Jackson's doctor.

Las Vegas cardiologist, Dr. Conrad Murray, had become Jackson's personal physician just weeks prior to Jackson's death, and according to MSNBC "is the target of a manslaughter probe."

To read the full MSNBC story, visit this link.

To read the full CNN story, visit this link.

Add a CommentComments

There are no comments yet. Be the first one and get the conversation started!

Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy



Get Email Updates

Insomnia Guide

HERWriter Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!