Facebook Pixel

What Should A Woman Do If She Thinks She Has Sleep Apnea? - Dr. McPherson (VIDEO)

Rate This

Dr. McPherson shares what a woman should do if she thinks she has sleep apnea and explains how she can find a sleep center in her area.

Dr. McPherson:
Well she should notify her doctor, discuss what symptoms she is having and then, if those seem significant, then she would need to have a sleep study done to see whether she has it and how significant it is.

There is an organization--The American Academy of Sleep Medicine that has a website that lists all the board-certified sleep physicians and they can be located through that website. There are other sleep sites that are on the Internet as well that list both the accredited centers and physicians that can evaluate the patient.

About Dr. Charles D. McPherson, M.D.:
Dr. Charles D. McPherson is the Director of the Sleep Disorder Center at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. He also specializes in pulmonary diseases and internal medicine at the Pulmonary Specialist Group of Nevada.

Visit Dr. McPherson at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center


Sleep Apnea

Get Email Updates

Sleep Apnea Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!