In 1992 as a 36 years old woman I had my first breast surgery, again in 2007 another

By Anonymous April 5, 2010 - 10:07am

I was diagnosed with fibro. cysts. I have already had two surgery's for solid cysts. Last week I found a lump larger than a ping pong ball. My breast Dr. said it was a cluster. The lump doesn't hurt but my right arm and should and my back, in back of where the lump is hurts. It is hard to use my right arm. I go in for a mam and untra sound thursday. I will find out the results next monday. In the meanwhile my brain is going places that I know better to let it.

Dear Anon

Thank you for your question and welcome. I'm sorry you are dealing with fibroids yet again and although most are benign, I understand your panic. I think very few women would think differently.

Since fibroids can be strands or grouped, the large mass be indeed be clustered fibroids.

I have a couple of thoughts, additionally. Ask for your doctor to check your lymph nodes: they may cause pain or discomfort. Also, you may have some kind of infection.

You are doing all you can do right now for yourself. Getting tested this week is a great start and I hope you get the results a week from today may seem like an eternity but it'll pass, I promise.

I know you probably know as much as anyone at this stage regarding fibroids but take a look at our breast fibroid page here and let us know what you think: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/fibrocystic-disease#definition

In the meantime, take comfort in the story of another member: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/breast-biopsy-few-days-and-terrified

Will you update us this week and next? We wish you the very best and look forward to talking with you more,

Breast Cysts