Throat Cancer

Throat Cancer Guide

ask: 2-3 months w/ sore throat, excessive coughing at night, and extreme hoarse voice.

For the past 2-3 months, Ive had a sore throat, excessive dry cough, especially in the evening and at night, I've also been hoarse really bad. I've noticed my ears ache, but not like an earache. Some days I feel totally wiped out and other days my throat lets up and I dont feel so bad. This has been going on for like 3 months now and everytime I think I am over it, the next day its back. I also have been having extreme shortness of breath. I keep thinking because spring is here I will feel better. I live in N.M. not humidity and I've never had asthma. Please help me, I'm at my wits end with feeling like this.

Anonymous

Thank you for your question and I can certainly understand your frustration. My first question is, have you seen a doctor about this cough? Any condition lasting over one week,possibly two weeks, should certainly be looked at by a physician.

You may have some kind of virus that can only be treated with antibiotics, so seeing a physician as soon as possible. Please keep us updated on what the physician says.

Good luck, Missie