2 day missed birth control pills

By December 9, 2014 - 9:32pm

hi i would like to question about what happened to me. my period start on nov.29, 2014 which is saturday and i take my daily pill on tuesday dec 2. but something happened i forgot to take my 2 day pill which is date 6(sat) and 7(sun). monday morning we had sex with my bf and just got realized i missed my 2 day pill with panic in my mind i drink all 3pills and nothing happened to me. i just wanted to know if i should take an emergency contraceptive and i should be ok after we have unprotected sex with my partner. pls help me im desperate. thank you

Hi Jubie

It's very important to never miss a pill. But missing one or two pills is safe if you took all three at the same time and you did.  If you ever miss three pills or more you are not safe but one or two is ok. 

There should be no need to take emergency contraception - in fact, it may disrupt your cycle. So keep taking your remaining pills at the same time every day and you will be fine. 

hello susan cody thank you so much for answering my quesion. it really help me a lot not to worry about my situation now.after having a 2 missed pills i have now an alarm on my time to take my pills. thanks so much.. have a great day to you.