4 months with no period

By January 6, 2011 - 8:48pm

Hi out of nowhere my period just stopped and iam really concerned i havnt gotten it in 4 months so far what could be the promblem please help give me some pointers on why that could be iam 28 yrs old this never happed to me before...ps iam not pregnant????

Thanks for your question! I know you said you are not pregnant...but have you tested for pregnancy? Have you changed birth control pills lately? or gone on new medications? Have you lost a significant amount of weight lately?

There are some factors that will affect your period-- give us a little more information and we will be more than glad to help!

(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

hey rosa i tested myself three times and iam deff not pregnant and ive been the same size for a long time now .. no birth control at all or new medicines..none of the above. iam gonna also ask my primary care docter tomorrow monday well see, i dont knw what it could be it will be 5 months pretty soon. ???? have absulutly no idea at all. thanks jessica.

HERWriter Guide (reply to star69chik)

Hi Star

I think it's a great idea to talk to your doctor about it. Let us know how your appointment today went!

wow this happends to me all the time funny thing iam happy to say this morning i got my period after 4 months ..lol..iam never happy bout cramps but i was really happy i think you guys here gave me good luck.. ohh and my docter is running blood work anyway he said that the ulcertive colitis i have probably played a big part in me not having it ..i didnt think it would be for that long though,, well ya never knw i feel like a women it may sound weird to people but its part of every womens life you get used to it u know but thanks for your concern and caring i love this website ..ill talk to you again soon. ps.. go figure i make an appointment ad i get it that day!!! love happy jessica!!!