6 days late, could I be pregnant?

By March 1, 2016 - 8:07pm

My last period was January 26th. During that time I had a couple very stressful days that cut my period short. A week after that I had a stomach virus that lasted two days. It's now March 1st and I have not gotten my period. According to my app I should have gotten my period on the 24th but I didnt. I tested the day of my missed period, second, third, fifth and sixth day of missed period and all come up negative. I was trying not to worry and stress over it too much but yesterday and today it's all I can think of and I'm worried since my husband and I, even tho we've been married for 5 years, we are not ready for a baby. I am having symptoms I usually get before I get my period. For example tender breasts, moodiness, munchies (junk food cravings), light cramping. Could my virus or previous stress cause my period to delay? Could I be pregnant? Will this stress I have now delay it even more? What could I do?

Hi Naby410

Stress and sickness can certainly delay your periods. Since your tests are all negative, then pregnancy is highly unlikely. I assume you are always using birth control so that makes it even more unlikely.

There isn't a lot you can do other than wait for it to come along - it could take up to another week. It's also possible to skip a period - that can happen without pregnancy being a factor. It's also a good idea to test again then, since some women don't get + results for some time. A blood test at the doctor can also help to determine pregnancy.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-health/content/why-your-period-two-weeks-late

Thank you Ms Susan for your reply. I am not on birth control. When would you say I should take another pregnancy test? I've been getting the feeling as if I have already started but it turns out to just be some discharge. I usually get that before I start with my period so hopefully I get it soon so I can finally be relieved