About pregnancy

I had sex wid my bf on 23 rd and i took d ipill tablet immidiate after 1 hour of sex but also m afraid. . M actually afraid bcoz it was my 14 day after periods. . Can u pls clear my doubts. I have face book id so pls reply to my fb id only thanking u meeta jadhav my personal numbr s 7204215853

Thank you for your question! 

We do not contact our readers personally or via any social media so we will have to answer your question here. I hope you get to read it. 

The morning-after pill is an emergency postcoital contraceptive pill which may go by the brand name Plan B One-Step, or Next Choice.

An ECP is not an abortion pill. ECPs will not work if you are already pregnant.

The ECP is a high dosage of hormones like those found in birth control pills. Basically, the way the ECP works is by preventing the sperm from joining the egg or delaying the egg from leaving the ovary.

There may be some side effects from the ECP. Those side effects include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Nausea

• Vomiting

• Lower stomach cramps

• Irregular bleeding

• Fatigue

• Headache

• Dizziness

• Breast tenderness

If you are prone to nausea, you can take two Dramamine 30 minutes before you take the ECP, according to Womanshealth.gov. However, if you vomit after taking the ECP, you need to contact the pharmacist or your doctor immediately. If you cannot take estrogen or you are breastfeeding, you should take Plan B One-Step which is a progestin ECP.

After taking the ECP, you may get your period later or sooner than your original period date. Most women get their period approximately seven days after or before their period date.

Your period may be spotty, lighter, or heavier than usual.

ECPs are very effective when used correctly. According to Womanshealth.gov, approximately 8 out of 100 women become pregnant after having sex during the fertile time in their cycle.

"If these 100 women take progestin-only ECPs (like Plan B One-Step or Next Choice), about 1 will become pregnant. If 100 women take ECPs with estrogen and progestin, about 2 will become pregnant."

So, Anon, your risk is very low. However, it's never a good idea to have unprotected sex during your fertile time. 

I hope this information helps you!