After BCT i completed 8th cemo and radiation, can i do physical relation

By March 25, 2011 - 3:51am

Sorry for a mistake from my end.

Hi Indrani,
I don't completely understand your question. I don't know what you are referring to by "BCT". What type of cancer do you have? When you say that you completed "8th cemo and radiation" - do you mean that you have completed 8 days of combined chemotherapy and radiation treatment? or
the 8th cycle of combination chemotherapy and radiation treatment?
I think you want to know if you can have sexual intercourse.
Please provide answers to these questions or more information about your type of cancer, treatment and any restrictions that your doctor may have given you and I will try to answer your question to the best of my ability.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Please reply me as soon as possible.

HERWriter Guide (reply to indrani)

Hi indrani

You're correct - some cancer patients have to refrain from having sex for certain periods of time after treatment, and depending on what that treatment was. Your doctor will be able to advise you on this. If you are safe and ready for sex, then go for it.

With regards to pregnancy, make sure you are on a very reliable method of birth control in order to avoid pregnancy. Your doctor can also help you with these options.

I hope this helps-

Thanks Susan Cody for giving your valuable suggestion.

*photo links removed by Moderator*

You are welcome! Please keep us updated.

Also please note I removed your personal photo album per EmpowHER standards. The privacy of our readers and their families is a top concern for us (he is very cute though!).

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thanks for your valuable response.
The cancer is on my right breast. BCT is Breast Conservative Treatment.
I have completed 8 cycle chemotherapy. The stop gap between two chemotherapy were 21 days, 28 normal radiotherapy and 5 boost radiotherapy.
I am taking a medicine twice a day which is Tamoxifen(Tamtero) for 2.5 months.
Now I am felling little better. So I feel that I will be able to intercourse. But I will not take second baby.
It is correct time or not?

Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide