Am I pregnant?

By December 3, 2015 - 2:27pm

Hi! So I have so many questions right now. First of all lets start with my period. My last period was on November 18 until the 24. So on November 27, me and my boyfriend had sex which we always do. The first round, I thought he was wearing a condom but he wasn't and I felt some wet thing on my leg either way I was scared. I was about left but he didn't want me to and so we had sex again this time with a condom. So after all of this, I quickly went to a pharmacy and got a plan B and took it as soon as I got home. These days have been full of wanting to vomit, and headache. But today December 3, when I checked in the bathroom, I was bleeding a little brownish. So I thought it wasn't a big deal but then I see that there's more as if it was my first day of my period but that cant be since I just got over my period. Plus I'm having a bit of cramps. Could I be pregnant? What's wrong with me?

Hi Melanie

You ask these questions a lot - you were just helped on this topic a few days ago.
Firstly, you need to take control over your own body and make absolutely sure your boyfriend always uses a condom. If he knows how paranoid you are about pregnancy, why would he have unprotected sex with you? You need to tell him to grow up and be responsible.

You are likely bleeding as a side effect of taking emergency contraception - this is common. So that's what your bleeding is. Take the time to google the contraception you are using and read up about side effects. Nausea and vomiting can also occur.

Get yourself on the birth control pill and take it every day - it's much better for your body than huge doses of hormones which is what emergency contraception is or make sure you boyfriend uses good quality condoms.

For your next question - pregnancy - EC is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours so that is your risk level.

I'm glad we could help you on this topic. For further questions, please consult your doctor.

Hello. I have a question which I'm not sure if it's normal or not. So on December 4 I got my this 'period' which lasted actually as my regular period would. I'm not really sure it's my period since I took plan B I thought it would be spotting. Anyways, I would have been receiving my period this week already but nothing. But I been having liquid fluid (I think that's what it's called if you wet yourself?) Anyways, I want to know if I'm getting my period or if I already did and that I shouldn't worry. By the way, thank you so much for helping out. You're like hero of knowledge:)

HERWriter Guide (reply to lovelymel_16)

Hi again!

Your discharge may be a sign you are ovulating or a change in your hormones. Since emergency contraception changes your cycle, you're not going to know what the bleeding was, it's not like the blood is any different if it's a period or Plan B. You can probably consider the last bleeding your period but obviously we can't say for sure. You need to be realistic about how much personal medical information you can get from the Internet,

I don't think you have too much to worry about.