By Anonymous April 8, 2016 - 5:48am

i had an unprotected sex 4:30am on my ovulation day and my boyfriend released inside me. I took postinor 2 by 5:00pm and took the other 12 hours later. My lower belly hurt. Am i pregnant?

Postinor2 is up to 95% effective in preventing pregnancies when taken within 24 hours (which you did) so your risk is very low. P2 does not claim to prevent all pregnancies.

Side effects can include belly pain, nausea, headache and irregular bleeding so this could be why you are feeling this way.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills