Am I pregnant?

Hi, I'm a 17 year old girl and I'm scared out of my mind that I could be pregnant. My boyfriend and I have not actually had sex, but we've fooled around naked including rubbing our genitals together and naked grinding. He's never ejaculated in or near my vaginal opening, but pre cm can contain sperm and this is what worries me. I'm on birth control, and from what I can tell, I've been taking it perfectly since I started in the beginning of May. June was the month that me and my boyfriend did all of these activities, and I still got my scheduled withdrawal bleeding in the month of June 28 days after my last withdrawal bleed in May. Well, I haven't done anything sexual since my last period. My boyfriend has been gone. I thought that once I got my period it was going to be alright, but my period was kind of weird, it lasted a good 6 days, but towards the 6th day, it would completely stop for hours and then start up lightly. I took a pregnancy test one week after my period, and it came out negative. So I thought, okay good. But, I'm on my last 7 active pills and my withdrawal should come on Wednesday. The skin on my nipples have been kind of peeling like little flakes, and I'm peeing a lot more than usual. I'm also convincing myself that my areolas have grown but I don't really think so. Recently, my boobs have become more veiny and tender but I'm sure that's just because of my hormonal contraception. I can't be pregnant, my mom said she wouldn't let me get an abortion and I have so much I want to do with my life! I've also never even had sex, so how embarrassing is that? :( please help.

Thank you Susan. I'm very paranoid and anxious about pregnancy especially at my age. If my period wasn't to come this month, should I assume pregnancy?

HERWriter Guide (reply to superscaredgirl123)

Hi again!

No, you not assume pregnancy at all!
You're not even having sex - do you know how to get pregnant?

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/how-sex-works

There is no reason for you not to have your breakthrough bleeding. Stress is more likely than anything to stop periods from coming.

Please don't engage in this behavior anymore until you are more confident - you are clearly not ready for this and that's perfectly ok.

Hi superscaredgirl123

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question.

I understand that you have general pregnancy fears but I do think you need to either start to trust your birth control or disengage from sexual activity because you are far too scared of pregnancy to be able to enjoy sexual activity.

Nothing in your post shows pregnancy, your periods sound fine and you have tested negative. Birth control can change your breasts - it's all do with hormones; this is normal.

You were helped on this issue before, I will link you back to your other question. Your issue is anxiety, not pregnancy. Rethink whether you are ready for any kind of sexual activity, it's not at all embarrassing to not have sex at the age of 17 or to be fearful of pregnancy.

But you need to decide if you are ready for this or not and then proceed accordingly without paranoia about pregnancy. That's no way to live.