Am i pregnant? Missed 2 pills!

I'm on Qlaira and forgot to take 2 pills (days 17 and 18) and i had unprotected sex on day 14 (which is usually ovulation day) but he pulled out. I continued taking the pill and am now on day 20. I have now gotten a break through bleed. Is there a chance that I am pregnant since i've gotten the breakthrough bleed and I did take the pill on day 14?

I went to my GP in fact to confirm what I need to do and she told me to skip the pills I missed and finish the pack. She also advised me to use a backup method of contraception. she also told me that I should have ovulated on the 14th day and that is when she told me that there is a chance that I could be pregnant. As far as I know, the pill prevents ovulation from happening (and confirmed by going into the qlaira website) and that is why I am confused. Could it be that she gave me wrong information?

HERWriter Guide (reply to melania)

Hi menania

Maybe she meant you could ovulate since you missed pills. Otherwise she must have been confused or not listening properly. You ovulate around the 14th day when taking no pills at all.

A pharmacist might be a better option. Use back up for at least 7 days.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

Since you're on the Pill you do not ovulate (even around day 14) so there is no risk there. But sperm can stay alive in the body for up to five days which is probably why you are concerned about days 17 and 18. Did you make up the pills? If you did, you're fine. If not, there is a small chance that you ovulated (we cannot say how small but there it's quite low risk).

Keep taking your pills and use condoms for another few days as a backup.