Am I pregnant or am I stressed?

Hi there, I'm 17 and I've been on the contraceptive pill for nearly three years. I engaged in unprotected sex (stupid I know) with my boyfriend after only having a week of the active pills as I accidentally missed two whilst on vacation. I'm currently going through my final school exams and am trying to differentiate between whether I may be pregnant or just stressed. I've been getting pains much like menstrual cramps and have had horrible back pain since the incident, I apologise if this question seems bothersome, I would just like to know, thank you for any help or advice you can give me :)

Back pain has nothing to do with pregnancy at this stage - back pain doesn't even usually occur until later in the second trimester or the third. You may have that pain from studying and taking exams. All your symptoms do not mean you're pregnant, you just think they do because you are worried.

I assume you did not make up your missed pills? We get asked these questions a lot and a lot of readers want us to promise or guarantee them they won't get pregnant and we can't do that. All we can tell you is that your risk is lower than someone who aren't on pills at all. If this ever happens again, use a condom. Getting pregnant at your age will ruin your future. You sound like a smart girl and I think you know this. Accidents can happen but you need to be really careful in future.

You can test for pregnancy 21 days after you had unprotected sex. Continue taking your pills as usual. Let us know how it goes and I'm hoping you have good news (as in negative news!) for us soon.
Good luck in your exams.