Am I pregnant or experiencing side effects of Plan B?

By November 30, 2015 - 4:53pm

Here is the story.
I had my period November 14-19.
Had unprotected sex for the first time November 25.
Began having cramps the day after and I just didn't feel right. So on Friday I took a Plan B pill.
Now it is Monday and I have been experiencing swollen breast, breast soreness and slight itching, cramps (typical PMS symptoms for me) Fatigue, and also small tingling burn sensation down "there."

I am scared the Plan B didn't work... Any advice or input is helpful.

Thank you.

Hi heiswe

Plan B is most effective (up to 95%) when taken within the first 24 hours and is ineffective after 5 days so your risk is very low. Your symptoms are probably due to Plan B which is why it should be taken for emergencies only.

The burning sensation could mean you contracted an infection - monitor the situation and if it continues through tomorrow, see a doctor.