Am I protected

By September 8, 2015 - 4:43pm

27th - missed
28th - act x 2
29th - missed
30th - missed
31st - (Started bleeding) act
1st - act
2nd - act
3rd - act
4th - missed
5th - act x 2 (was to start my sugar pills but took active pills)
6th - act
7th - 11th - sugar pills
12th - first week new pack on active pills

I have had 7 active pills and then 5 sugar days because on the 29th I thought I would stop my pill and start my bleed but then on the 31st I changed my mind and decided to finish the pack. My boyfriend surprised me with a visit home (he works away) and so I had had been bleeding from the 31st lightly so I stopped it with my active pills on the 5th and 6th.

I know I mucked it up but would I be covered.

Sorry Susan that's my bad short hand no I mean active pill (act)

HERWriter Guide (reply to Cruising)

Oh I see. I thought you were saying you did "the act". Act isn't a common synonym for active pill.

I still can't say if you're covered only that I assume you may not be. The point of the pill is you take it every day. If you don't you risk pregnancy. But if your missed pills were at the end of your cycle, which they were, I would assume your risk is lower.

Hi Cruising!

What does "act" mean? Do you mean sex?

Missing pills like this can lead to pregnancy . You may not be protected, even if you bled so if you don't bleed next month then take a test. We can't say to what an extent your risk is. You need to take these pills properly, it's just one every day.