Am I worrying needlessly?

By Anonymous February 23, 2016 - 2:42pm

I keep on stressing myself out about being pregnant and I just want to ask a few questions to hopefully put my mind at ease. If someone's hands are dry that means that there's no sperm on them right?! It sounds so dumb but I keep thinking that because I've touched various peoples hands and then touched my vagina when I got home I can somehow be pregnant. Please tell me I'm wrong. How long does sperm live outside the body on a dry place like hands? I've read so many different info and I don't know what's true. I read on an app called health tap where real doctors answer queries and one of them said that sperm can travel without semen and can still et you pregnant if it's dry. Sorry for sounding so uneducated :(

Dry sperm is dead sperm.

The only way to get pregnant is to have intercourse where sperm is deposited directly in the vagina or on the vaginal opening.

Nothing else is going to get you pregnant so I think your issue is anxiety evidenced by you researching these possibilities when there really are none.

Talk to your doctor about your anxiety. Touching someone's hands (or toilets or door handles etc) and then going home and touching your vagina and then focusing on pregnancy possibilities is not normal behavior because it is negatively affecting your life. Therapy can help.

It's also a good idea to not look up or download apps like this - it is only serving to cause your anxiety to increase. Your issue is anxiety, not pregnancy. I believe we have helped you on this topic before about fear of sperm in toilets getting you pregnant so please contact your doctor.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/outercourse-dry-humping-dry-sex-and-other-sexual-behaviors