By April 21, 2016 - 8:26am

i have not had my menses for 6 months now and am not pregnant. I went to see a gynecologist. He prescribed Primolut N to be taken for 7 days, 3 times daily. Can someone help me out?

Hello Mimi@86,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. I am glad that you have been to see a gynecologist about this? What help do you feel you need? Any concerns or questions should be discussed with your doctor, who knows you best.

Amenorrhea is the absence of menstruation.

Pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause are natural causes of amenorrhea.

Certain medications can cause menstrual periods to stop, including some types of antipsychotics, chemotherapy, antidepressants, blood pressure medications, and allergy medications.

Primolut N contains norethisterone, which belongs to a group of medicines called
progestogens, which are female hormones. It is prescribed to treat primary and secondary amenorrhea, dysfunctional menstrual bleeding, endometriosis and PMS.

Mimi@86, if we can be of further help, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Amenorrhea Guide