Avoid pregnancy

By October 16, 2016 - 5:25pm

I would like to seek your advice. I did the deed with my new guy last Saturday morning at 5am. I took 4pcs of Nordette around 1:25pm and the next 4pcs ar 1:25am. I am not feeling nauseous nor feel like vomiting. My breasts were not swollen but I feel sleepy most of the time. My first menstruation was October 4th and is expecting to have it again this November 4th. Do I need to take the rest of the pulls until I reach my bleeding or my expected menstruation date?

I am really freaking out.

Hoping for your quick response though.

Hi Msdee

Taking multiple regular birth control pills to stop a pregnancy from happening is not recommended. You needed to take a medication specifically made for this situation - emergency birth control pills like Plan B or Next Choice etc.

You need to call your doctor about what to do in this situation.

Hi Susan,

Appreciate the response. This is the first time I used a birth control pills actually. It was suggested as an ECP. However, I am not experiencing the tenderness of breasts and vomiting and feeling nauseous. Do I need to wait until my expected menstruation date? Or should I still take the rest of the pills to make sure no pregnancy will happen?

Hi Susan,

Appreciate the response. This is the first time I used Nordette. I am not taking any birth control pills since the very beginning. It just so happened that last Saturday, I didn't expect my guy will release it inside me so I took the 4pcs of Nordette and another 4pcs after 12hours. Would that be effective enough to prevent the pregnancy? Or should I still take the remaining pills until I had my menstruation on the expected date which is November 4th?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Msdee)

Hi again!

You are going to be a lot of pills short in your back since you took 8 to prevent pregnancy. So you need to talk to your doctor about your next step and you must use condoms until your cycle is back to normal.

I cannot say if 8 birth control pills will prevent a pregnancy but I would suggest it may not. Again, talk to your doctor about your next step.