By Anonymous December 4, 2015 - 11:41am

Good day, I would like some info on Birth Control Pills (BCPs). My period started on Sunday/Monday and I took 2 BCP at once on Monday to stop it but it but it didn't work. However, it should be easing up now and it is still heavy..I have a date tomorrow and I would want to stop it asap..My questions to you are:
1) Can BCP make my period go overtime?
2) If I should take more BCP now to stop it, how many should I take and how long will I wait to see it stop?
3) Will BCP change my cycle?

This is my first time taking BCP...

Birth control pills are used to prevent pregnancy, promote a regular menstrual period and other reproductive concerns.

Taking birth control pills to stop a period from happening is not a function of birth control pills, nor can it stop a period once it's there.
So to answer your questions:

1. The BCP should not make your period any longer than usual.
2. Don't take any more Pills to stop your period, this is not what birth control is for
3. BCB often makes your cycle very regular, often a pretty reliable 28 day cycle. It may also lighten your periods and you may have fewer PMS symptoms.

Please read the leaflet that comes with your BCP so that you know more.