To be or not to be

By July 21, 2009 - 3:33am

Could anyone please tell me if it is normal for women at 26 to bleed heavily when menstruating.Before now, it use to be dark red and lumpy, but now the reverse is the case.

I had a 2 weeks pregnancy aborted 2 yrs ago,after i had taken injection and pills.I have been so scared that i have marred my chances of taking in again, thus i have come to disgust sex.
Could anyone tell me if there is a test i could run to determine my chances because my fear has become a stronghold.

Are you wondering if you now cannot get pregnant because you had an abortion? To my knowledge, this should not be an issue unless you were injured, somehow, in the process.

Was the procedure done in a clinic?

Have you seen a doctor about the big change in your period? You may need a checkup to make sure you are ok? Are you in a position to get an appointment to see a gynecologist?

Please update us and let us know if this is your actual question, as I am not quite sure if I understood it properly.

We look forward to hearing more from you!

Thank you Susan for responding.At least i have someone to talk to about my fears at last.

I will be 26 come august 10 and in had the abortion January 2007.

The whole thing took me by surprise and the measures i took were quite a stretch.

I took in when there was hardly no penetration as it was the second time my boyfriend was trying to disvirgin me.He could not thrust , because i was so tight ,then, he came. Little did i know that was enough to get me pregnant.

I was two weeks late, went for a P.T and it came out positive .In my confusion, i took the advice of the lab scientist who said he will give some dose of injection on a threedays interval to terminate the pregnancy. I agreed ,but on the last day he made me understand that abortion is the best option as the drug will leave some blood clots which might form a cyst later and cause infertility .
But the gory graphic explanation i got from my sister on the procedure of abortion excluded it from my options.

I talked to a pharmacist who gave me a drug i guess he called Misoprostol(not quite sure).I waited till the next day and saw no changes rather my mind made me see my tommy protrude overnight.

Consequently,i ran to the Lab technician the next day.He took me to a certified doctor who did the abortion in his hospital.

I have developed this indifference towards sex , since then because i have been so scared all the drugs ,injection and abortion will hamper my fertility.
I know sex is the highest expression of love and it is important in marital life. I am so scared to relax to even savour it. Atimes ,i feel am frigid.I only get horny on the second day of my menstruation.It disgusts me to even play with my body to find out my erogenous zones.Ponographies makes me sick .

I need to get rid of this that i have lived with all my life because i dont want to make my boyfriend engage in extramarital affair when we are married(next year)

Please what test can i run to determine if i am okay.
I read of progesterone and i need you tell me atest to determine if i have enough of it in my system.
I feel so shy going to a fertility hospital as i am always at loss for what to say to them .

I hope i didnt bore you with this epistle of mine.
Please kindly help with my questions .