Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

boils in genital area

By Anonymous December 20, 2012 - 9:55am
Rate This

I have lichen sclorosis. 2 months ago had a boil on left butt cheek that put me in the hospital for 2 weeks and 2 surgeries due to MRSA. still having daily "wound care" packing and a bandage. I now have about 6 EXTREMELY painful bumps on both of my labia. They have not come to a full boil but are terribly painful. How can I get rid of and PREVENT them?

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

I'm so sorry for your pain, Lichen Planus can be unbearable.

You need to talk to your doctor about taking a steroid medication via cream or suppository to treat these boils. They need to be taken under a doctors care so that no damage is done to sensitive vaginal tissue.

You can a lot more here: http://www.empowher.com/skin-hair-amp-nails/content/vaginal-lichen-planu...

I wish you a speedy recovery,


December 20, 2012 - 1:26pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.



Get Email Updates

Boils Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!