Both my nipples have a burning feeling...

I am 17 years of age, and both my nipples have a strong burning feeling. Its not my boobs, they dont have any pain its right at my nipples. Should I be concerned?

I have had this problem as well, when i wake up they hurt. It only hurts when i dont use a sports bra, when i put one on the pain is lessened. wearing a loose shirt without a bra hurts. any advice? thanks.

Sounds like they are sensitive to friction. Best thing is to wear a sports bra as much as possible.

I'm 14 and this morning I was handing out fliers outside a grocery store and both my nipples started burning. When I got home I took my bra off and there wasn't anything wrong visually but when anything rubs against them it hurts more. I haven't been using new soaps, laundry detergent or lotions. HELP!

This may be a hormonal issue with you. If this burning does not end, see your doctor.

I am also 17 and I started having a sore feeling in my left nipple last week and just yesterday both nipples have been burning. Help please, what do you think is going on ?

Guide (reply to 0105)

Hello 0105,

Hormonal fluctuations associated with the menstrual cycle can cause breast tenderness and a burning sensation. A muscle strain, irritation from a close fitting bra and an allergic reaction to a new soap can cause this to happen.

If the sensation persists, please contact your doctor.

im also experiencing the same thing, last night everything was normal and this morning, there was a burning sensation similar to irritation but a bit more intense and at first it was only on my left nipple and now its on both, i've been told to ice it, is that even healthy? ive tried everything, cold showers, lotions, ointment, everything and it wont go away... please help i can't stand it..

Guide (reply to ivoneeevega)

Hello ivoneeevega,

Have you ever had this sensation before? Are you breastfeeding?
Or are you due to start your period soon?

Women can experience a burning sensation in their nipples when they are breastfeeding. Breast and nipple tenderness can be a premenstrual symptom.

A tight fitting bra can cause an irritation and pain in the nipples.

Since this burning sensation persists, consider scheduling an appointment with your physician.

Is the burning sensation constant? Was the onset sudden? Can you remember doing anything differently just prior to the onset of the burning? Does anything relieve the burning feeling?
With more information, I might be able to narrow it down to possible causes.

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide