Q: 

Both my nipples have a burning feeling...

I am 17 years of age, and both my nipples have a strong burning feeling. Its not my boobs, they dont have any pain its right at my nipples. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Hi I'm 23 and I have one Child with my husband ... I stopped taking the pill a few months ago to get the hormones out so we could have another baby ... my period is starting and mywe nipples are burning like frostbite almost when they touch something... I have never had this before and I'm scared

Anonymous

Hi there... I have a couple questions... my last "normal" period" was March 16-20th. My boyfriend and I are sexually active but have never actually had Intercourse to the extent of him having an orgasm.. we have planned to wait until marriage but sometimes we come close. This Month I received my period April 4th-7th. My cycles are usually not exactly 1 month apart, usually early if anything. But that seemed very early for me. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests within the past 2 weeks and one today on the 18th and they've all said not pregnant. Although my nipples feel as if they're itchy and sensitive. As if I were about to start my period... is it possible I'm still pregnant or I am about to have another period? Sorry for the long post. I'm just stressed out because of all of this! Thank you... -Kb

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Kb,

I do not know.

If you had a period this month, then you are not pregnant.

Consider speaking with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

So I've never done this before , and I hope my message gets threw.
I'm 23, sexually active with my 11month relationship and got off my period two weeks ago and I don't believe I should be starting it... anyways these last couple of days I've had this insane burning on my nipple ... my breasts have also seemed to feel and look swollen on the sides .. the burning is only on the nipple but my entire Ariola and my breast seem to feel a slight of pain as well ... it almost feel like my nipples are being pinched.. and sometimes the pain happens simultaneously with both nipples or one or the other.. I've tried ice this morning but that made it worst .. laying on my tummy works...
Any suggestions?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You may want to have an exam with your physician.

Regards,

Anonymous

I'm off my period so it's not because I'm on it or about to be, also I'm not pregnant or have any chance of being pregnant , but my breasts feel normal although my nipples are acting strange. They feel as if they are burning and on fire or completely frozen , they keep getting hard and stinging very bad. Please help

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Beside the burning, hardness and stinging, is there any redness or do they feel warm to the touch?

Please contact your gynecologist or primary care physician to set up an appointment. These symptoms must be evaluated by a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

An infection is one possible cause.

Let us know what your doctor says.
Regards,

Anonymous

I have had this problem as well, when i wake up they hurt. It only hurts when i dont use a sports bra, when i put one on the pain is lessened. wearing a loose shirt without a bra hurts. any advice? thanks.

This actually happened to me too. I wasn't wearing a sports bra and I went to track and DIED. But anyways I think it has something to do with the movement and not being held well. It seems to hurt way worse when something warm like water (I was in the shower) touches it.

Anonymous

I'm 14 and this morning I was handing out fliers outside a grocery store and both my nipples started burning. When I got home I took my bra off and there wasn't anything wrong visually but when anything rubs against them it hurts more. I haven't been using new soaps, laundry detergent or lotions. HELP!

Tags:

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide