Urinary Incontinence

ask: Is Botox good and safe for bladder control

I have MS and hope to be offerd to have it to help control my bladder

Anonymous

i would like to add that botox for bladders has been used for many years, it was being used well before someone discovered it for the face etc, it was used many years ago for people with ms that was the first thing it was used for then bladders, now the world knows it as botox for faces and wrinkles when it should never be used for that in my eyes.
i have had botox on my bladder once already and will be again in three weeks time

I was intrigued by both your questions and the information I found to give you an answer.According to the Mayo Clinic:

Researchers are looking into new drugs and therapies, including botulinum toxin type A (Botox)
Botulinum toxin type A. Injections of botulinum toxin type A into the bladder muscle may benefit people who have an overactive bladder. Botulinum toxin type A blocks the actions of acetylcholine and paralyzes the bladder muscle.
Studies have found that botulinum toxin type A significantly improves symptoms of incontinence and causes few side effects. Benefits can last up to nine months. Botulinum toxin type A may be helpful for people who haven't responded to other medications. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not yet approved this drug for incontinence.
The FDA warns that adverse reactions including respiratory arrest and death may occur following the use of botulinum toxin type A for both approved and unapproved uses.
Hope that you will be offered and can benefit from this promising new therapy.

Do you suffer from overactive bladder?: